Sunday, October 4

Ruby Tuesday


Want an awesome dress pattern that fits every shape and size ... well this is it, the Ruby Tuesday from 1 Puddle Lane.   

I've been lucky enough to test this pattern and as always with Ann's designs, she tweaks and listens and makes an already awesome pattern even better.

With many variations from sleeveless to long sleeves, from a simple boat neck to a V with skirt variations, it variations are endless and perfect for everyone. 

I've made the short sleeved v neck version here in a heavy weight cotton/spandex blend which I ice dyed.  Size XL and I'm a D cup.


Then I made the extended sleeve v-neck for Sarah in a gorgeous Lillestoff Roses.  Size XS






Then last but not least, as Amy is waiting in the wings for one, along with my mum Blueberries with Navy.  Fabric from Zebra Fabrics and if you have a special fabric, or not much of a special fabric this might be an option.  I purchased 1.7 m of the navy and 1m of the print.  I've gotten a Ruby Tuesday and a wrap top from it, there is some of each left, but not much, enough to colour block a tee front or the like, but fairly economical in use. 

If you know me well, you know that I struggle to be comfortable for photos but I'm trying, so here they are.  

Anyways I've used the print for the top, and navy bindings, and then navy skirt, onto which I appliquéd leaves randomly cut from the print, added some stem stitch for the vines and some running stitch for interest around the leaves. 

All in all Ruby Tuesday looks great in any style, there are some awesome tester photos just pop over to Ann's Facebook page, or blog and you'll see them all. 






No comments:

Post a Comment