Thursday, April 20

Spring Tests for Petite Stitchery

We were happy to test two from the newest line from Petite Stitchery

First up is the Periwinkle Top and Dress.  The pattern comes with different skirt options and is a quick and easy make especially in the top version.

I would recommend trying the straps for size before sewing them in if you have a child that is tall.  My DD is only slender but quite tall, so for us I made the 7 width, 10 length, with strap length of 12.  She is really looking forward to spring/summer when i can make a dress length.   

For now we did a top which as it turns out is perfect for climbing trees at the Sunshine Coast. 







We also tested the Box Pleat Skirt which is my daughters favourite at the moment.  She adores the watermelon version.

This cute little skirt has box pleats and a neat waistbands, add pockets if you like and belt loops.  It comes with an invisible zip.  But is easily transformed to use a standard zip.  Which is what I did on the watermelon version as I was out of invisible ones.   

I did adjust the watermelon skirt slightly as I bound the bottom edge and its probably a teeny bit shorter than it should be, but my DD adores it and its her most favourite thing in the cupboard at the moment. 

It was a relatively quick sew as well, once you have made the pleats and came together nicely. 





And we also made a heavier pinwale cord version.






No comments:

Post a Comment