Thursday, July 3

I am very Thankful

Of the very healthy and happy children that I have.

I've just recently had the sad task of helping an online friend provide some garments for a friend of hers that lost a baby.

The Smocking Guild of Queensland of which I am a life member provides smocked baby gowns under our 'Sew Precious' banner to babies which become angels, either before or just after birth. Our gowns are provided to all the major hospitals in Brisbane and surrounds, and we have a wonderful team of ladies, that make and smock all the tiny gowns. We unfortunately can not always keep up with the demand for these wee gowns, and as a Guild fundraise throughout the year, so that we may provide the materials needed to our members to keep up the supply of these gowns.

So I've decided to show here, just how tiny these gowns are and hope that I can promote the Guild and all the good work it does for these parents and babies as such a sad time. If you'd like to help in any way with a donation, or you would like to help in some other way, you may contact the Guild via phone by calling 0409 610 105. Or alternatively, just send me an email and I'll forward them onto the Guild.



This is the small gown we make for babies around the 500g weight. It's next to a large itti bitti nappy. The tiny nappy is what would fit a 500g baby, it was lovingly made by the wonderful Donna from Bits for Bots, who answered my call very late one night to help me out. The larger gown that we make is made to fit babies that are nearer to full term.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh Lesley. that tiny nappy just makes me want to cry :( what a beautiful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great thing that you do! They look lovely by the way!

    ReplyDelete