Sunday, August 31

Sew A Long

So we are having a little Sew A Long at the Hen House

Running for the month of July - I've offered up a goodie for someone that enters, just randomly drawn from those of us that got our acts together ..... cough and made something.

Rules - ONLY ONE - make up a pattern that you haven't used before

So it could be from Stash, brand new, a lend, a pdf, a paper pattern, just anything you've never used. I know all those patterns languishing not being used, they must be so sad....

Anyways I've made up 3 patterns  oops forgot make that 4.

Marc shirt by FillesaMaman

Its really hard to find nice boys patterns and older boys patterns.  I made the size 12 for William and it went together very well - I did have to unpick, but that was my fault, I didn't read properly.

Anyways, the boy child hassled me for days to add the buttons, they just needed to be sewn on ... Grandma to the rescue and she sewed them on.



Then I made up the Daisy Chain dress by Make It Perfect

I used gorgeous fabric from Zebra Fabrics - its not stella but very close and very gorgeous and I need to order some more cause I'm out of the purple and its very popular in our house

I used Make Beautiful Things on the front - using the sticky backed stabiliser which worked awesomely.  I did use a layer of interfacing before I started stitching and then another layer when it was finished, just so there aren't any of those pesky threads hanging about.

I had to alter the dress slightly - I'm a shorty - aka 5ft 2ish and I ended up chopping 4 inches off the top bodice and its okay now - I made the 42 bust, it probably needs a bit more wiggle room at the hips but my DH loves it, so that's great, plus its super comfy.




And then the Shearwater Kaftan by Make it Perfect.

Gorgeous fabric from MinkyBear and Me they are taking a wee break for a bubba but they'll be back soon :)  Beads pictured are from my sister at Cherish Jewellery Designs




2 comments: