Pages

Wednesday, November 19

Miss Audrey Testing

Well what can I say - I love, love, love this dress.

It's fabulous.  Ann is amazing and is so very helpful when troubleshooting fit issues as well.   It's well designed, plenty of markings on the pattern, so you know what lines up to what.  It comes in a broad range of sizes and also allows for different cup sizes too.

So I was very lucky and happen to fit exactly the size 16 with a D cup - with no alterations - go me!  My measurements were pretty much bang on the sizing.  So although I'm a wee bit rounder than I would like, I have the perfect figure *wink* Though it varied bust size with the bra I was wearing a bit.

Whatever you do, please do take the time to make up the muslin, it doesn't take long and you'll get a much more accurate fit on the bodice, the skirt is more forgiving as it has plenty of room but the bodice must fit well.  Ann has several tutorials on her blog with different fit issues and most of the fit issues are addressed there

First up - I went with the basic version - facings and no pockets in a stretch sateen I bought from Spotlight - I actually bought the fabric for my DD but then though nah I'm going to use it - The dress turned out great, fitted well - it does have a wee bit of a curve on the necklines, which I'm putting down to the fabric being stretch.    I did add a belt loop for my keycard and also added thread belt loops for the belt, as I do feel the dress needs a belt on it.  It's amazingly hard to find nice belts too.



I also promised Ann I would make a lined version.  So I made it in the weekend of sweltering temperatures in Brisbane, ick.  So it's not 100% perfect cause well the heat makes your brain a bit crazy.

That said, it again turned out very well - I did add piping to the front princess seams and also dropped the necklines to a 1.5cm seam allowances rather than the 6mm that is on the pattern.  It's a Tilda print in a colour which is not really what I would normally wear, but I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  It's lined in a stash busting blue voile, that I had plenty of.



This version is the fulled lined one.  Again no issues putting it together - the zip isn't perfect, but my fault entirely - my invisible zipper foot seems to have found legs and run away, so I need to purchase another one - our household is just entirely too insanely busy and I just haven't gotten there.  I also had a different fabric in mind when I planned the lined version and so had a blue invisible zip.  So again not perfect, but my waist seam matches spot on, so that's an upside.  I also in the haze of heat put pockets in the lining - silly really I don't know what I was thinking, so they'll come out next weekend, cause I don't need the added poof to my hips that's for sure


Will I make this dress again - absolutely - I am waiting impatiently for Ann to perhaps add an extension pack like little cap sleeves and a straight skirt.  I've seen quite a few of the other tester dresses and its a dress you can definitely dress up or down.  Fits a wide range of body shapes and looks great on all of them.

And just because you needed to see the sweet blue voile lining


I intend to make some for my DD's and my mum wanted to steal mine, but it's a bit too broad for her -yah cause I'm pretty sure she'd steal them - I told her she needs to make her own now.

You can find the fabulous Ann at 1 Puddle Lane on Facebook or her website

No comments:

Post a Comment