Thursday, December 1

Tilda Bumblebee Collection

I was delighted to be asked to contribute to making some smocked garments for the new Tilda Bumblebee Collection.

It is a divine selection of the most delicious fabrics, perfectly suitable for smocking and a multitude of other uses, including bags, ladies wear and home decorating. 

You can follow on Instagram or Two Green Zebras on Facebook 

I made 3 very different garments, the fabric is beautiful and needed little embellishment, so I kept it sweet and simple.

First up a skirt.

I used the Mem Rose pattern from One Thimble - I did alter the pattern to include a fully elasticated back, and I added fullness to accommodate the smocking.



I pleated 10 half space rows and used a baby wave, 3 cable combination.  Using DMC stranded cotton in 3 strands.  Colours were 597, 725, 471, 3804 and 598.


Skirt yoke linings and back lining were different fabrics from the outer and I made mini-piping with the plain blue matching print from the range. 

Next up I made a sweet little round yoke dress, again using different fabrics for the yoke lining and the placket - I didn't think to take inside pics boo hoo :(



Keeping the design simple, to let the gorgeous fabric speak - you can see a peek of the lining fabric in this photo. 

Pattern is Little Bird from Australian Smocking and Embroidery Issue  98 - though I have tweaked it to completely pipe the yoke, original smocking design from me, using the specified number of rows in the pattern.  I also added a sweet little bow. 



And the back is just as cute.


And finally a sundress - this is made from my original pattern Child of Nature (which has been reprised in several forms in Australian Smocking and Embroidery).  The original is what I used for this sundress - it can be found in Issue No. 53. 


Close up of the smocking

Back 


Front.

So keep your eyes peeled for this delicious collection of fabric, I know I will be.



4 comments: