Sunday, September 14

Choc Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

Inspired by this blog post I decided to give these awhirl for a morning tea I'm attending.

So my cupcake recipe is

2 cups SR flour
150g softened butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup or a bit more of milk (depends on the weather)
3/4 cup caster sugar - mine is vanilla infused yummo!
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean scraped and popped in with everything else.
couple of teaspoons of lemon juice

That's it - just pop everything into a mixer whizz it all together for about 1 or 2 minutes and you are done. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes at 180 deg C for muffin sized cupcakes.

And now the choc chip recipe.

I make a double batch always so

250g softened butter, together with 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup caster sugar. Beat till fluffy. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time, till combined and fluffier. Add in 250 choc bits - I actually use choc melts chopped, because I refuse to purchase Nestle choc bits. Stir till combined and then mix in 3 1/2 cups of self raising flour. I use a small ice cream scoop to scoop up my dough, then I put it on a lined tray - I don't bother flattening them, they do that themselves. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until firm and slightly brown. Best eaten warm !!!

So I made the dough up and rolled some into little balls and popped them into the freezer.



Placed some cupcake batter in the bottom of the tin, added the choc chip balls, then some more batter. Baked and then

hey presto!



Topped with vanilla and chocolate buttercream and a quarter of a choc chip cookie.

I also made a gluten and dairy free cashew nut cake - I'd made it prior to today dairy free, but I have a friend who has quite a few intolerences and I've promised her baking for so long, but been scared out how it would turn out. But it turned out great - well at least I think so - nearly all the cake was gobbled up. Will be back tomorrow, to post the recipe and pics.

3 comments:

  1. I must go & get a cloth & mop up my drool - they sound devine & look absolutely delicious!! Oh dear & I am supposed to be being good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is now gone!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh these sound very interesting! nice one Lesley ;)

    ReplyDelete