Monday, November 3

Custom Dyeing and a Gnome



Here is how he started - I drew a gnome, traced him onto some fusible interfacing, tacked the lines for where bits went. Heat and bonded some wool felt for his hat, jacket etc. Threadpainted his little face



Some more threadpainting, some blanket stitch, add in some features, boots, a wee bit of grass and voila! A gnome. It's on a piece of mint green felted wool.





And here is the completed packaged. A hand dyed in marbling bamboo velour auriel, with the leftover fabrics turned into wipes. The blue dye didn't play nice and it took several dyeing efforts to get one I was happy with. Also included is a quick dry HoneyBoy! in small - lime windpro outer, bamboo velour in butter inner and turtle tabs. They all went to their new home last week.

I'm nearly caught up on stuff that I absolutely had to do and some much needed R&R. By the end of this week, I will start emailing those that have custom slots on wait and I'll be getting to you with photos of fabric choices etc. I very much appreciate everyone's patience. I hope to have some more stock up on the sites by mid - end November.

No comments:

Post a Comment