Sunday, February 27

Pannacotta and Florentines by Daring Bakers

The February 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Mallory from A Sofa in the Kitchen. She chose to challenge everyone to make Panna Cotta from a Giada De Laurentiis recipe and Nestle Florentine Cookies.

Recipes are available here

So whilst I did follow the recipe for the Pannacotta with the slight exception of using lite milk instead of full cream, I know, I know with that much cream does it make a difference.  Well we don't have full cream milk in the house, so ce la vie!  It was delcious, I made a raspberry Gelee aka jelly for the top but I could have used a bit less gelatine as it set quite firmly, but it was delcious.

I wanted a crisp and crunchy biscuit with some fruit and nuts.  Florentine recipes here are made with cornflakes and condensed milk - the recipe given was somewhat like an ANZAC biscuit but because it was Nestle - and I think you know our thoughts on that, I searched for something a wee bit different.  I found this recipe 

The biscuits were delicious, but not as crisp as I would have liked, I think I would prefer something crunchy and cracking and studded with more fruit and delcious nuts!  I've just made some new biscuits recently and with the added addition of more chocolate, they would have been perfect.


Can't wait to see what next month brings, hopefully no more rain lol!!

1 comment:

  1. defiantely very colourful :) Would look great as a Christmas thing, no?

    more chocolate? Always!
    :) xo

    ReplyDelete