Sunday, July 22

Party!!!!

Well little Miss Cherub turned 6, and we've had a very very busy week, so it was a quiet actual birthday with just homemade pizza and chocolate cake.

Then a party yesterday with little friend from school.

We played pass the parcel, treasure hunt and musical statues.  Decorated our own cupcakes and played with moon dough (thanks to Jen for the suggestion)  The moon dough was adored by all, but I now have flour all over my deck and through the house, but better than sand right?

And of course what's a party without food.

Homemade sausage rolls - the recipe from Gary Meighan from master chef.

Triple layer chocolate cake - aka Sweet and Salty from baked, though I subbed in cream for the sour cream as I didn't have any.  With apricot buttercream and sugared pearls.

Rose cookies - royal iced piped roses and my favourite sugar cookie base

Fondant cookies - in pastel pink and lavender







Like I said busy week but the kids had a blast and that is all that matters


1 comment: