Sunday, January 26

Yum cherries!!

So it's Australia Day here and aside from the fact that I seemed to have pulled some muscles somewhere in the vicinity of my ribs and am sewing in very short bursts.  I managed to make K some togs.

I used the La Jolla Swimsuit pattern by Peek-a-Boo patterns.  I made the size 8 - K is slender but tall she's is 7 1/2.

I didn't have to tweak the pattern to fit at all.   I like how it has nice bottom and front coverage, it's stylish but still girlish.

Fabric is a lycra blend from Girl Charlee that I've had for awhile, I didn't read the description that well when ordering and I thought it was a cotton lycra print for tees, turns out it wasn't.  So I have it in both black and white background.  Swimsuit lining and the green trim are both from Spotlight.  I couldn't get red lycra there, why am I not surprised.

Anyways pattern went together well, I used a combination of 3 thread overlocking for main seams.  Zigzagged on the elastic, except for the straps when I used the overlocker.   Topstitched with a twin needle.


Anyways year of ethical fashion and all that, so I'm off to make another pair, in something a bit brighter.  Stay tuned …...


No comments:

Post a Comment