Friday, February 3

Petite Stitchery Trillium Tunic and Maxi for One Thimble Issue 14.

 I had the pleasure of testing the Trillium Tunic and Maxi for Petite Stitchery  which is featured in One Thimble Issue 14 .

Its not that easy to find up to date modern pdf's for older girls, whilst my DD still fits into size 8 width wise, she is quite tall so needs a 10 or 11 in length.  She doesn't want ruffles and frills, but wants big girl clothes. 

I made two versions.   This is the maxi sleeveless version, combining chambray with a lightweight floral print - both from stash - I have such a large one, I'm trying super hard to sew it down just a wee bit (I have fabric from one end of downstairs to the other, I'm sure Mr Cherub would be grateful to have it just in the one room lol)





Still working on my photography skills, that's my mission for this year, but they are better. I think than they used to be.  Mind you my model is not always co-operative and the day we took these it was super dooper windy.   This version is light and floaty and perfect for hot summer days. 


I also made the tunic length with sleeves, this will work great in the cooler days over leggings or jeans.  Whilst it does work over shorts, the back is longer so can cover some shorts.   I used a Liberty floral print teamed with a check. 

The pattern itself is nicely constructed with the bodice being fully lined.  The sleeve is not cut on the fold.   You can make the front plain or fancy - I think a pin tucked version would be nice.  You can mix and match fabrics.    It was easy to do the buttonholes as they are done before the bodice is fully constructed - my machine doesn't like too much bulk, so it was nice and simple to do these.  I did change the placket slightly for me - but it was just a slightly different construction method, the one shown works fine too.  

I like that they have a quick construction guide, so if you've made it before you can just quickly skim and get what you need from the instructions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment