Sunday, January 21

Luxie Lunch Bag

The Luxie Lunch Bag from Emmaline Bags.  I have had this pattern for simply ages and at the end of last year, the littlest miss needed a new lunch bag, as the previous lunch box was too small for what she wanted to take.   We found a Lunch Cube which fitted everything she wanted to take, but finding a lunch bag to fit wasn't as easy.



And then I remembered I had the Luxie.   Having plenty of fabric, foam and procuring some insulbrite from a friend we set about choosing fabric and making the bag.

If you need a sew-a-long you can find it here .  The directions are pretty clear when you read them carefully (read this as I missed a step) and the bag went together pretty well.   Its quite large and easily fits the Lunch cube and also a Nude Yoghurt Mover easily with some room to spare.



I did love the easy cut chart, which enables you to cut all the square/rectangle pieces easily.   Do  make sure your printed pattern piece prints at 100%/actual size (mine didn't oops, and I wondered why my sides didn't fit.)

I used a longer zip than specified but it works fine that way and it seems a bit easier for the cherub to open as well.

I purchased the frames from the gorgeous Kylie at Handbag Hardware but you can find her now at Betty Box Pleat with her always awesome service and helpful advice.

There is a side zipper on the pattern.  I did make it but I'm not really sure what my DD will use it for, other than maybe putting in some lunch money or cutlery, but you could easily omit the zip if you wanted to.



The pieces go together well, the zip casing at the top works well.   There is really nothing not to like about this.  This would also make an awesome sewing case which is what I think I'll make for myself.  Obviously you could do without the insulbrite if you are making it for not food.   Oh and I did line mine with sandwich PUL so its a bit waterproof.   My DD did pick a light coloured fabric and I suspect we will have to wash it more than once throughout the year.    Possibly a dark colour would be better for a lunch box.

No comments:

Post a Comment