Thursday, January 6

Baking Day

It's gloomy and overcast again, what a surprise, it's too early to do anything else, everyone is sleeping except me and the small ones, what a surprise, so I'm baking.

Inspired by Bubble and Sweet I'm making Peanut Butter Brownies. I do not like chocolate and peanut butter but the Man in the Fridge does so that's what I'm making. I'm using my standard brownie recipe, cause it's good and always works. And then I just swirled through some peanut butter. My peanut butter is a bit thick, but it will do. Recipe is from a Women's Weekly. I like it cause it doesn't go overboard with either sugar or eggs.



Melt 200g dark chocolate (I used milk cause that's what I had) with 150g butter. Beat in 1/2 cup caster sugar, then 2 lightly beaten eggs and teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix in 1/3 cup plain flour and 1/4 cup SR flour. Stir in any variety of mix ins. I used chopped walnuts and chopped white chocolate along with the peanut butter today.

Bake at 180 deg in a slice tray for about 25 - 35 minutes, all depends on your oven. You want it crispy on the outside and a just baked in the middle.

And MOTH declared them delicious!!!

Chip Chip Biscuits, makes 70.

And this is how I make them all the same size - I use a small ice cream scoop - so this is how they go into the oven.



And this is how they come out - nearly all the same.



And last but not least, divine, cinnamon scrolls. Going to do yeasty ones next time, but I didn't want to wait for things to rise.





2 comments:

  1. Oooh everything looks super yummy. I'll have to try some peanut butter brownies one of these days - and the scrolls - I can almost smell them from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overcast days are so perfect for baking - it's been way too hot to even contemplate the oven here.

    ReplyDelete